I think the reason I like the variety of having two (or three) part-time jobs is the flexibility and the unpredictability. I don't mind the busy mornings at the coffee shop or the fun afternoons with Izzy and Amelia. But, I have to be honest with myself - I need structure, I need a consistent income. I need a car. And possibly a cute apartment. But, one wise woman once told me (very recently actually), you can't "have it all", especially at the same time. One more time for reiteration: you can indeed "have it all", but not all at once. Okay, deep breath, right. This is the part of my life where I learn "patience" and "gratitude" and "humility".
So this has been a few weeks of the non-adventure of "real life". Here are some highlights:
1.Paid off my credit card bills! Woo hoo!
2. Made (some) money on my greeting card "business" - Visit my shop here, you know you want one!
3. Starting running more consistently a few miles at a time. We all know I'm not a runner.
4. Was rejected for a job at a toy train magazine...really? Humility, humility, gratitude, gratitude, positive thoughts.
5. Used my rock climbing membership. Michelle Obama arms, here I come!
6. Celebrated Izzy's birthday at the State Fair (had a blast!)
7. Applied for (a few) jobs
Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive and follow my own advice.
What do you do when you're feeling down? When life seems to be stopping, slowing, but time is still going by just as quickly. Do you pray? Do you put your little nose to the grind stone? Do you complain and whine? Do you cry?
This is what I'm doing: (just a little bit of complaining) but mostly working hard, saving money, and enjoying the weather and the wonderful company of my best friend.
"I just want to be OK today."
Also, the elections are coming up! Maybe I will post some of my political thoughts and opinions even if I may be swimming into dangerous waters. I just want the damn opportunities I was promised! (ok sorry for the outburst!)
This is a great, funny, and sadly true video/parody of Gotye's video - The Obama that I Used to Know.
That is Roy - a super positive and fun guy who has lived a great life!Here are some top news stories that really put the "non-adventure" of life into perspective:
1. The Sikh shooting in Oak Creek, WI - I pray for peace and tolerance.
2. 3 Marines dead in Afghanistan - remember, we are still at war
3. Economic suicides - is life really so bleak?
The news just makes me want to cry. But it makes me thankful that my life is "non-adventurous", "boring", and lacking the terror and sadness that fills so many lives on this planet. Gratitude, thankfulness, humility, compassion.
No comments:
Post a Comment