Monday, April 2, 2012

The Self Portrait, Trier

Have you ever taken a picture of yourself? You know, with your arm outstretched and the camera pointing (you hope) at your face?

Do you feel dumb and a little bit silly? Because it is a little bit silly. But, as much as I want to hate the aforementioned situation, I find myself doing it over and over. I hope you don't mind. It's a bit fun, and it is a bit exciting when the pictures are actually decent.

There's nothing like that feeling of: oh, I don't look as bad as I imagined myself. Or, boy what a great angle. Or, gee, that Roman ruin looks great behind my pixie'd head.

Here are some of my shots that I took over the weekend in Trier, Germany. It is the oldest city in Germany and was founded in 16BC on the banks of the river Moselle. It is very close to Luxembourg. Saturday was cold and rainy and my exploration of the city was short. But I did see some nice Roman ruins including Porta Nigra, the Basilica of Constantine, and the Trier Cathedral which houses the Holy Robe. The Holy Robe is also called the Tunic of Christ. It is a seamless tunic (apparently worn by Christ - however it's authenticity cannot be confirmed) brought to Trier by Helena, the mother of the Emperor Constantine.

 

[gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment