When I returned from Germany I had a bit of the "reality depression". I returned home and didn't have an income (but bills to pay!), I didn't have a car (still don't - is anyone selling a nice one?), no real direction in life (what else is new?), but I was so happy to be with my family, Michael, and my two lovely nieces. I applied for a bunch of jobs at first and heard back from only a few of them.
But I felt like quite a loser up until just recently. Do you know what is more important than having a 9-5 job (even though that having a job is important - too bad, right?)? Being happy is more important. Doing what you love is important. Surrounding yourself with those you love and who love you back - that is more important. So, yes, I have a college degree and I'm still living at home and I don't have full-time work. But, damn it, I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to have such wonderful people in my life, and I get to do what I love!
Things that I love this week:
1. My new rock climbing membership at Adventure Rock
2. Camping and hiking in the U.P.
3. Crafting and making kitschy greeting cards
4. Dreaming and planning for the future!
5. Sailing my little sailboat, Little Apple Blossom
Things that I still worry about but am not allowing to control my life:
1. Money - bills, health insurance, etc.
2. Not having a "winter-friendly" car - maybe I don't even need a car?
3. My "immediate" future.
4. That Michael will grow his mustache back...(just kidding - I don't mind the mustache...)
I have so much to be thankful for! So, thank you! And don't worry, be happy. Do what you love.
That's what I like to hear! Oh bird, can't wait to be home and see you again.
ReplyDelete