Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Things I have learned so far...

Here is a short list of things I have learned about myself (or in general) since being in the great land of Germany.

1. I eat too fast.

2. I love peanut butter. (I never realized I loved it until I couldn't have it! I'm dying for a Reese's peanut butter anything!)

3. I don't know how to relax. (I already knew this one, but it has been reaffirmed)

4. I worry a lot. (especially about things I don't have control over)

5. How to make the best scrambled eggs.

6. How to make Irish Soda Bread (pictured below).

These things don't really have anything to do with anything but it's important for me to acknowledge the things that I'm learning so that I can bring home the knowledge and DO something with it (like eat a lot of Reese's peanut butter cups!) I joke, but seriously, I need to not be so uptight and such a speedy eater!

The first picture (below) is a stone wall that was constructed by the Romans; it was discovered in the town that I'm staying in in Germany. On Sunday I went to the "RomerMuseum" to see the exhibit. There was also an exhibit about the Celtic (Keltische) inhabitants of Germany (before the Romans conquered them all). I love museums...but it's not as much fun when you can't read the information on all the posters!

[gallery]

2 comments:

  1. 1) Eat like you work: hard and fast.
    2) Peanut butter is smooth brown love.
    3) When you relax your mind, your soul goes to work.
    4) Worry is to life what regret is to death.
    5) The best scrambled eggs are like life: the best comes out when the chef intrudes the least.
    6) Irish soda bread is proof that simple things combined with love can be sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the very wise words! You are totally right about the scrambled eggs! It's all about knowing WHEN to intrude (and how to intrude very slightly).

    ReplyDelete