Thursday, February 16, 2012

SC in DC

As some of you may know, I am currently in Washington DC trying to figure out where my life is headed. Although it hasn't been that much time since I left my daily gig at the coffee shop and my random hours at REI, I have found this time to be helpful in discovering new layers of myself. For example,

I am okay with being alone. I don't like being "alone", necessarily, but my days aren't filled with Lifetime movies and bouts of crying and eating cookies (although, I do enjoy an Oreo now and then).

I love being busy, whether it is volunteering at one place and having another volunteer opportunity to look forward to (I'm meeting with an editor of a children's magazine on Friday to do some freelance work).

I am capable of a lot more than I gave myself credit for. And I am so lucky to have a great support system.

Washington DC is an amazing city. It is clean (contrary to popular belief), the people are friendly, attractions are easy to find, and the history is deep-rooted and well documented.


2 comments:

  1. You are a strong woman with a bright future! I am so proud of your independent spirit and sense of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You have inspired me to reach for every possibility and move forward without fear.

    ReplyDelete